Thanks for checking out my blog! Gypsy Kait is a food & travel blog created to make traveling and eating easy and fun. I truly believe we should be able to eat the foods we love and not feel guilty. My favorite thing in the world is to travel and find quality restaurants, which is how the idea of “Gypsy Kait” came along. I basically travel so I can eat, because I think culture is best experienced through food…no matter where you are.
I believe in living a balanced and healthy life, so you’ll find everything from farm-to-table and juice bars eats to ice cream and donut shops. Each city guide will share a list of Eats, Sweets, Coffee & Drinks, Things to Do, & Places to Stay.
The purpose of this blog is to leave you feeling inspired, encouraged, and excited to plan all your travels!
Meet my little family and learn 10 fun facts about me below! ♡♡♡
10 Fun Facts:
- I’m from North Carolina, but currently live in Salt Lake City (& yes I have an accent☺). I’ve lived in 5 different states in the past several years including NC, VA, GA, CA. & UT. Moving to NYC soon!
- I am dog obsessed, so I talk a lot about my two pups Evra & Winnie. Evra is an Australian shepherd-corgi and Winnie is a cute little Labradoodle.
- I eloped in California, March 7th, 2015 to a dark haired, blue-eyed creative director and hottie, Jered. It was our own kind of magical, without all the stress and hassle.
- I have a B.S. in Health and Wellness and my Master’s from the University of Virginia *GOOO HOO’S* where I focused on motivation, identity development, and healthy behaviors.
- I decided this year to go back to school to get another Master’s degree. This time it will be in Psychological Counseling. We’ll be moving to NYC in the fall, so that I can attend Columbia University.
- I’m passionate about living a healthy & holistic life, fitness, wholesome food, and green beauty. I’m LOVING Orange Theory right now, btw.
- I have to get at least 8 hours of sleep or I am a complete grump
- My dream is to end up in DC or somewhere similar on the East Coast. I’ve always loved the architecture and me and J want a white-washed brick townhouse with a black door. Oh and a corgi to join the crew 🙂
- I don’t categorize myself under a specific diet (I’ve tried everything and always felt restricted, which caused a realm of disordered eating thoughts). I’ll only eat meat if it’s sustainable, etc. I also do intermittent fasting and this has been so helpful for my digestion and journey to finding freedom with food.
- I absolutely love ice cream, but I could honestly live off cereal.
Believe.. Hope.. & Encourage one another.